Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Loving Our Heroes

Jessica Hart/Amy Andrews/India Grey
Publisher: Mills & Boon
Release Date: November 2011

From the Publisher: They risked their lives for their country… Now their hearts are on the line!
Included in this anthology: Last Minute Proposal, Mission: Mountain Rescue & Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure 

 IMO:
I admit it, I am a sucker for a story about a military man!  It must be all those Harlequins that my grandmother gave me as a teen!  I have to admit, I loved all three of the stories in this anthology.  
Last Minute Proposal was a great play on the insanity of reality television.  I loved the story of Cambell and Tilly and was eager to see where they would end up and if the ice around him would ever shatter.  Not sure why, but that icy facade almost always seems to appeal to me.


Mission: Mountain Rescue: what is it about the men who think they know best!?  I loved the growing up that Holly did in the story.  It was something that she needed to do for herself, but it also brings her closer to the man she loves.  Richard needed time to accept that it was his future to be with Holly and that yes, she is old enough.  This story reminds me of the story The Passionate Escape (set in Africa) which is never a bad thing as it was a favorite of mine as a teen.

Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure: two people learning to grow and cope with life-him with a progressive deterioration of sight, her with growing up and finding her backbone.  Orlando and Rachel were extremely likeable characters and I was glad to see the evolution of their relationship as they learned to deal with what life has dealt them...and little Felix is a heart melter!

All in all this a great anthology made even better by the portion of the proceeds from sales going to Help for Heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment