Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Taming of the Rake

Kasey Michaels
HQN Books

I just finished this book. It'd been awhile since I had read a historical romance-funny they are what I cut my proverbial reading teeth on. I truly liked the characters that Michaels' created. They had quick dialogue, they were realistically written and worked well together.  And there was sarcasm: "We definitely can't leave them to their own, nonexistent devices. Why, they might take it into their heads to stand outside in a rainstorm with their mouths open, and drown." When you meet Jonathan and Emily you will completely understand! Oliver and Chelsea were perfect foils for each other-yes, i know its a romance and they are supposed to be, but I loved that she was so adventurous and made him look at life through different glasses. There is something to be said about extremely intelligent and "girl power" women characters in a time period where many of the men expected women to be simpering idiots. I can't wait for the next book in the series to see where life has brought them and what Michaels has in store for Oliver's brothers, Puck and Black Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment